Arbitration Law in UK Law
- International Arbitration Agreements: Which Law Applies?
Governing Law of Arbitration Agreements: Welcome Clarity?
The English Court of Appeal has provided some helpful guidance as to the relevant test for determining the law applicable to arbitration agreements (as distinct from (i) the governing law of the re...
Fire At Russian Power Plant Sparks UK Supreme Court Decision On Arbitration Agreement Law
The UK Supreme Court has recently set out the principles to determine the proper law of an arbitration agreement. While it remains the case that parties are free to choose the systems of law that w...
- Enka v Chubb: U.K. Supreme Court Rules On Law Governing Arbitration Agreements
Governing law of an arbitration agreement: Supreme Court Enka v Chubb
In Enka Insaat ve Sanayi A.S. v OOO Insurance Company Chubb  UKSC 38, the Supreme Court unanimously held that, if the parties have chosen a governing law for a contract containing an arbitrat...
What law governs your arbitration clause? You decide.
It’s midnight and you’re in the final stages of negotiation in a complex international transaction. It’s probably a safe bet that the one thing that is not keeping you awake is a concern over what ...
- Enka V Chubb: Finally, A Final Decision On The Law Of Arbitration Agreements
What law governs your arbitration clause? A two-step guide
It’s midnight and you’re in the final stages of negotiation in a complex international transaction. It’s probably a safe bet that the last thing on your mind is dispute resolution and whether the a...
- Ongoing Arbitral Proceedings: The UAE's New Arbitration Law In Action (Or Not )
- What Is The Correct Approach In Determining The Governing Law Of An Arbitration Agreement?
See all results