Environmental Offences in UK Law
Higher Fines Imposed for Environmental Offences
Powerday plc was issued a record fine in April this year for offences relating to operations involving over 17,000 tonnes of waste deposited and stored illegally. Powerday – one of the biggest wast...
Sentencing guidelines for environmental offences can lead to significant fines
The new sentencing guidelines for environmental offences (in force since July 2014) can lead to significant fines for companies – as shown by a recent case involving a house builder.
- Court Of Appeal Judgment Shows Environmental Offences Will Be Taken Seriously By The Courts
- Sentencing Guidelines Published On Environmental Offences
- New Sentencing Guidelines For Environmental Offences
Tesco fined £8 million for environmental and safety offences
In June 2017, Tesco was fined £8 million for breaches of environmental and safety law. The prosecution followed an incident in July 2014 at a petrol filling station in Haslingden operated by Tesco....
- UK Courts Get Tough On Environmental Crime: Sentencing Of Environmental Offences Committed By Large Companies
- Sentencing Guidelines For Environmental Offences Can Lead To Significant Fines
- A New Level Of Eye-Watering Fines - Sentencing Council Publishes Definitive Guideline For Environmental Offences
- Tesco Fined £8 Million For Environmental And Safety Offences
See all results