Freedom of Expression in UK Law
Against Freedom of Expression
This paper states a common western ideal of freedom of expression. Such an ideal is tenable, it is argued, only if its implementation makes possible a ‘sound mass communication’. A communication is...
Freedom of Expression in Ethiopia: The Jurisprudential Dearth
It is almost a decade and half since freedom of expression has been proclaimed as one of the fundamental rights and freedoms recognized in the FDRE Constitution. However, there is hardly any Ethiop...
Comedy as freedom of expression
Purpose: The purpose of this paper is to investigate the practice of comedians in relation to freedom of expression, so as to throw light on the issue of giving or avoiding offence. Design/methodo...
- When the ‘Interests of Justice’ Outweigh Freedom of Expression
Freedom of expression, deliberation, autonomy and respect
This paper elaborates on the deliberative democracy argument for freedom of expression in terms of its relationship to different dimensions of autonomy. It engages the objection that Enlightenment ...
Freedom of Expression and the Advocacy of Violence
This article examines the European Court of Human Rights' violent advocacy jurisprudence. It observes that, since the decision in Leroy v France was delivered in October 2008, there has emerged som...
- Book Review: Freedom of expression and freedom of information: essays in honour of Sir David Williams
- Book Review: Secrecy and liberty: national security, freedom of expression and access to information
- Public Order Act 1986, S. 4A: Proportionality and Freedom of Expression
- I Book Review: Aspects of Regulating Freedom of Expression on the Internet
See all results