Local Government in UK Law
ICO Issues New £250,000 Fine to Scottish Local Government Body
On 11 September 2012, the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) announced that it had fined the Scottish Borders Council £250,000 under the Data Protection Act 1998 (the DPA) following the dis...
UK local government pension scheme – end of an era
The UK government has announced today probably the longest awaited policy change in the LGPS investment world, with a proposal to remove the limits on asset allocation that have been in place since...
Local Government Pension Scheme: Potential Cost Implications of Recent Changes to Regulations
The Local Government Pension Scheme (the "LGPS") is one of the largest pension funds in the UK. It is a statutory pension arrangement and comprises 99 separate funds operated by local aut...
- Care Act: Deprivation Of Capital - Is The Local Government Ombudsman Getting It Right On Deprivation Decisions?
- The Local Government Pension Scheme Fair Deal proposals
- Charities And Local Government - New Guidance
Time, tide and the Administrative Court Office wait for no man: Croke v Secretary of State for Communities & Local Government
As the Court of Appeal’s recent decision in Croke illustrates, the Administrative Court is keen to maintain the certainty of statutory time limits, but informal practices in how the Court operates ...
- Department For Communities And Local Government (DCLG) Onshore Wind Guidance
- Dealing With Climate Change In Local Government
- The Local Government Pension Scheme Investment Regulations 2016 Have Landed
See all results