Rights and Freedoms in UK Law
Social Choice and the Grammar of Rights and Freedoms
The techniques of social choice and game theory are increasingly being used to analyse concepts in political theory. Although these techniques may prove invaluable for teasing out contradictory for...
Multiculturalism and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms
Section 27 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms states: ‘This Charter shall be interpreted in a manner consistent with the preservation and enhancement of the multicultural heritage of Ca...
- Legal Protection for Fundamental Rights and Freedoms: European Lessons for Australia?
- Parliamentary Sovereignty and Human Rights in Canada: The Promise of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms
- The Dead Hand of the Founders? Original Intent and the Constitutional Protection of Rights and Freedoms in Australia
- Appendix III: Protocol No. 9 to the Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms
The Enjoyment of Rights and Freedoms: A New Conception of the ‘Ambit’ under Article 14 ECHR
Article 14 of the European Convention on Human Rights, as applied by the UK judiciary under the Human Rights Act 1998, is in danger of becoming as ‘parasitic’ as it is often described. Judges have ...
- R v Henry: A Welcome Retreat from an Overly Broad Interpretation of S. 13 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms
- Appendix I: Protocol No. 11 to the Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms, Restructuring the Control Machinery Established Thereby
- Appendix I: Draft Declaration on the Right and Responsibility of Individuals, Groups and Organs of Society to Promote and Protect Universally Recognized Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms*
See all results