Termination of Contract in UK Law
- Liquidated Damages After Termination of Contract?
- Termination of Contract of Employment: Effect of Conditional Resignation
Termination & Liquidated Damages: Less Clear than Ever
The Court of Appeal of England & Wales considered, in respect of a delayed software project, whether a liquidated damages provision survived termination of the contract....... of England & Wales considered, in respect of a delayed software project, whether a liquidated damages provision survived termination of the contract. Liquidated damages clauses are common in a variety of commercial contracts, not least construction contracts. However, it is still not certain how ......
Good Faith and Contract Termination
Deciding whether to terminate a contract, whether at common law for an alleged repudiatory breach or under a specific term in the agreement, is rarely easy. Get it wrong and you may be in breach yo...
Contract termination: terminating under the contract vs terminating at common law
Contract terminations are often loaded with legal risk, and therefore parties often rely upon as many grounds as possible to justify a termination. A recent English case highlights the risks associ...
HMRC Changes VAT Rules For Early Contract Termination Fees
Amidst the turmoil of COVID-19, HMRC has suddenly reversed its position on early termination fees, announcing such fees are now subject to VAT. In addition, it is taking the controversial position ...
- Can Unacceptable Conduct Justify Summary Termination, Even If The Employer Has Fundamentally Breached The Contract Themselves?
- Termination Of An Oral Contract
- Good Faith And Contract Termination
- Termination Of A Commercial Contract Validly Notified?
See all results