Applied Sciences (Books and Journals)
- Database and Network Journal From Vol. 30 Nbr. 4, August 2000 to Vol. 50 Nbr. 6, December 2020 A.P. Publications Ltd., 2009
- Why Do You Need a Global Footprint for Your Cloud?
- Pandemic-driven Demand for Cloud May Be Stymied by Migration Challenges.
- Is Digital Transformation the Answer to the Recovery of SMEs?
- NGMN Alliance Publishes Final Deliverable on 5G Architecture Framework.
- More Speed, More Devices, but Infrastructure is Lagging Behind.
- Cloud Services Helped over 90 per Cent of UK Businesses to Mitigate the IT Challenge of COVID.
- COVID-19 Crisis Accentuating the Need to Bridge Digital Divides.
- Direct to Consumer, Augmented Reality and Sustainability: The Key Ecommerce Trends for 2021.
- CTV Overshadows Linear TV While Social and Programmatic Spark Debates.
- You Refreshed Your Website and Re-opened Your Shop but without an App, How Many Customers Are You Not Engaging with?
- Containerisation and Cloud-native Apps Will Define the 2021 Data Storage Landscape.
- Cyberthreats Report Predicts 2021 Will Be The 'Year of Extortion'.
- Gartner Unveils Top Marketing Predictions for 2021 and Beyond.
- Ending Digital Platform Dystopia.
- Debunking the Myths. How Machine Learning Benefits Cyber Security.
- Network Attacks Hit Two-year High during Pandemic despite Shift to Remote Working.
- Eight Intelligent Automation Predictions for 2021.
- Global Cloud Services User Spending to Jump 18% YoY and Hit $305B in 2021.
- SMBs Need to Maximise the Value of Their Data in the Midst of 'Bleak Midwinter' Prediction.
- CTOs See Scaling up Tech Capabilities as Top Priority.
- Dawex announces the launch of the Japan Data Exchange (JDEX) to foster a new Data Community.
- Research Suggests Poor Storage, Use and Erasure of Customer Data Collected during Covid-19 Crisis.
- False Sense of Cybersecurity, Brits Are Blind to the Crippling Cybercrime Crisis.
- 56% of Organizations Suffered a Ransomware Attack in Last 12 Months Costing $1.1M per Hack.
- Users Will Revolt over Smart Device Privacy in 2021.
- Flaws Found in an Open Source Internet Bundles.
Forming a TED talks sphere for convenient search
Purpose: TED (Technology, Entertainment, Design, www.ted.com/) Talks has been one of the most popular video systems. However, the current TED Talks system expressed its inquired videos as in a two-dimensional (2D) table, which is inconvenient for searching the relationships among videos and tags. This study converts the TED Talks table into a sphere by using optimization techniques to help users...
Exploring the mobile learning needs amongst performing arts students
Purpose: This paper aims to study the information needs and online information-seeking behaviors on mobile platforms of performing arts students at a college level. Design/methodology/approach: Survey instruments were used to collect data from performing arts students at the Hong Kong Academy of Performing Arts (HKAPA), a metropolitan’s major performing arts tertiary institution. Data collected...
Quality assessment framework for open government data. Meta-synthesis of qualitative research, 2009-2019
Purpose: To gain an in-depth understanding and provide direction to governments on their quality measurement practices related to open government data (OGD), this paper aims to develop a common frame of reference for quality assessment of OGD. Design/methodology/approach: Qualitative meta-synthesis was used to synthesize previous studies on the quality measurement of OGD. This paper applies a...
What is discussed about eldercare?. A netnography study on a Chinese online community for older adults
Purpose: The purpose of this paper is to investigate eldercare issues in China through exploring what was discussed about eldercare in a Chinese online community for older adults (OCOA). Design/methodology/approach: Netnography was used to explore eldercare-related online discussion in a Chinese OCOA – LaoYouBang. After a two-month-long online observation, 275 microblogs and 594 comments were...