Business Law (Books and Journals)
- Evidence-based HRM: a Global Forum for Empirical Scholarship From Nbr. 1-1, April 2013 to Nbr. 8-2, May 2020 Emerald Group Publishing Limited, 2021
- Industrial Management & Data Systems From Nbr. 80-11, October 1980 to Nbr. 120-5, April 2020 Emerald Group Publishing Limited, 2021
- Journal of Entrepreneurship and Public Policy From Nbr. 1-1, April 2012 to Nbr. 9-1, January 2020 Emerald Group Publishing Limited, 2021
- Journal of Product & Brand Management From Nbr. 1-1, January 1992 to Nbr. 29-2, March 2020 Emerald Group Publishing Limited, 2021
- Personnel Review From Nbr. 1-1, January 1971 to Nbr. 49-4, December 2019 Emerald Group Publishing Limited, 2021
- Strategic HR Review From Nbr. 4-1, November 2004 to Nbr. 19-3, May 2020 Emerald Group Publishing Limited, 2021
- World Journal of Entrepreneurship, Management and Sustainable Development From Nbr. 6-3, June 2010 to Nbr. 16-2, May 2020 Emerald Group Publishing Limited, 2021
- British Journal of Industrial Relations From Nbr. 1-1, February 1963 to Nbr. 56-1, March 2018 Wiley, 2021
- British Journal of Management From Nbr. 1-1, April 1990 to Nbr. 29-2, April 2018 Wiley, 2021
- Journal of Asia Business Studies From Nbr. 1-1, July 2006 to Nbr. 14-5, July 2020 Emerald Group Publishing Limited, 2020
- Antitrust Law and Economics by: Emerald Group Publishing Limited, 2004
- Blockchain as a Technology Applied to Authenticity Issues: A Possible New Resource for Building up a Catalogue Raisonne?
- Scope of the Auction House Authenticity Guarantee: Sub-Agency Contracts and Interpretation of the 'Generally Accepted View'.
- The Legal Mechanics of Removing a Statue.
- Art and Modern Copyright: The Contested Image.
- Van Gogh, Van Gogh-ing, Van Gone: Dutch Art Theft and COVID-19.
- Kultur Kunst Recht: Schweizerisches und Internationales Recht.
- The Virtues of Comparing: between Early Jewish Restitution Campaign and Contemporary Post-Colonial Restitution Debate.
- Guest editorial
- REMEMBERING TO FORGET: Correcting the False History of the Lost Cause in the American South Through Damnatio Memoriae.
- RESTITUTION OF PAINTING SEIZED UNDER THE VICHY REGIME.
- THE QUEST TO RETURN NAZI-LOOTED TREASURES TO GREECE.
- RETURN OF NAZI-LOOTED ART: PROOF REQUIRED BEFORE THE FRENCH COURTS.
- THE IMPACT OF FREE PORTS ON THE ART MARKET.
- WOULD IT BE DIFFICULT FOR CHINA TO RATIFY THE 1999 SECOND PROTOCOL?
China in transition towards a circular economy: from policy to practice
Purpose: The purpose of this paper is to examine China's approach to circular economy (CE) and investigate how the foreign concept of CE has been turned into a national strategy for implementation in production, circulation and consumption. This study aims to highlight the Chinese characteristics in the implementation of CE from central to local levels including the “trial and test” by pilot...
Property’s competing values: the public house re-cycled as “community asset”
Purpose: This paper aims to investigate the potential of the “image-idea” of a “circular economy” for re-thinking property in law: In particular, to develop a strategy for making visible “alternative property practices” of community ownership across the subject areas of business and property law, to enhance the visibility of models of community ownership and interrogate their potential. Design/me
Transitioning towards circular systems: property rights in waste
Purpose: The purpose of this paper is to explore the impact that property rights can have on the implementation of circular waste economies, in which waste is reused, recycled or recovered, within the European Union’s Waste Framework Directive. Design/methodology/approach: A theoretical lens is applied to the legal definition as well as production and treatment cycle of waste to understand the...
A circular economy for electric vehicle batteries: driving the change
Purpose: With the UK’s accelerating plans to transition to electric mobility, this paper aims to highlight the need for policies to prepare for appropriate management of electric vehicle (EV) lithium-ion batteries (LIBs) as they reach the end of their life. Design/methodology/approach: This is a regulatory review based on projections of EV LIBs coming off the market and associated problems of...
Waste, marginal property practices and the circular economy
Purpose: This paper aims to examine the effect of circular economy’s ending of waste on marginal property practices. Design/methodology/approach: This paper utilises doctrinal and theoretical legal analysis, along with theoretical perspectives and qualitative empirical evidence drawn from non-legal academic disciplines. Findings: The current legalistic conception of waste depends on control and
- Guest editorial
Happiness as a driver of entrepreneurial initiative and innovation capital
Purpose: This study aims to extend the knowledge in the domain of intellectual capital and entrepreneurship by investigating whether happiness may have a positive influence on entrepreneurial initiative and intellectual property or not. Design/methodology/approach: The used large-scale dataset for 2018 is drawn from the Eurostat. It includes information on individual happiness, sustainability,...
Intellectual capital and service quality within the mobile telecommunications sector of Egypt
Purpose: The purpose of this paper is to empirically investigate the relationship between intellectual capital (IC) (i.e. human capital, structural capital, relational capital) and service quality (SQ) within the Egyptian mobile telecommunications setting. Design/methodology/approach: A valid research instrument was utilized to conduct a survey of 384 top- middle- and supervisory level managers...
CSFs for Six Sigma implementation: a systematic literature review
Purpose: The success or failure of any Six Sigma program/project depends on some critical factors. The purpose of this paper is to identify and explore critical success factors (CSFs) of Six Sigma from an extensive literature review of research articles published in the context of Six Sigma and propose a categorized list of vital CSFs. Design/methodology/approach: The methodology used is the...
Measures that matter: an empirical investigation of intellectual capital and financial performance of banking firms in Indonesia
Purpose: This study aims to investigate the intellectual capital–financial performance relationship using two models, namely the conventional Value-Added Intellectual Coefficient (VAIC) model and the adjusted Value-Added Intellectual Coefficient (A-VAIC) model. Design/methodology/approach: This study is designed as a quantitative research focusing on the relationship between intellectual capital
Intellectual capital and corporate governance: an evaluation of Oman's financial sector companies
Purpose: The purpose of this study is to empirically investigate the relationship between intellectual capital and corporate governance of Oman's financial sector companies. Intellectual capital has been found to successfully contribute to the economic wealth creation of firms in germane literature. Unfortunately, financial statements do not necessarily capture and reflect the contributions of...
Marketing-specific intellectual capital: conceptualization, scale development and empirical illustration
Purpose: The aims of this paper are to identify and classify the knowledge resources that shape intellectual capital (IC) within the marketing function, to develop and validate a related scale and to demonstrate the scale's applicability in an empirical context. Design/methodology/approach: A literature-based approach was adopted to identify and classify knowledge assets in the field of...
The influence of board directors' institutional and business relationships on philanthropic foundation performance
Purpose: The effect of board intellectual capital on non-profit organizational performance in non-western, less developed economies has been an important yet under-researched area. Given that the institutional and business relationships of a board account for the majority of board intellectual capital, the purpose of this paper is to fill the previously mentioned research gap by addressing how...
The effects of self-reflection on individual intellectual capital
Purpose: The aim of this paper is to develop a tool measuring individual intellectual capital (IIC) and investigate the relationship between self-reflection and IIC. Design/methodology/approach: This study developed a theoretical model based on social cognitive theory and the literature of self-reflection and intellectual capital (IC). This research collected responses from 502 dyads of...