Birmingham Mail (England)
- Publication date:
- NewsBank (43542)
- Pubs not ale and hearty as 7,000 lost in a decade
THERE are fewer pubs in England and Wales than ever before, according to analysis that sheds light on the ruinous impact of the coronavirus pandemic and soaring business costs.
- I was really struggling. ' - I'd hit that burnout point
PAEDIATRIC consultant Dr Ranj Singh is usually the one handing out health advice on TV, but medical professionals are notorious for not prioritising their own wellbeing, he says.
- Airport has top plan for security hall
NEW plans have been revealed for a faster security screening area at Birmingham Airport.
- Blues change boss again - but ownership the bigger question
ANOTHER one bites the dust! Birmingham City head coach Lee Bowyer was dismissed over the weekend.
- Barristers striking again as Government 'refuses to talk'
BARRISTERS have accused the Government of "refusing" to negotiate as strikes continue at criminal courts around the country for a second week.
- BRIGHTON TODAY
CAPTAIN BECHER THE MARQUIS
- 'Inferno' horror after explosion at flats
AT least two people have been injured, one seriously, after a gas explosion caused an 'inferno' at a block of flats.
- Airline boss resigns
EASYJET'S chief operating officer Peter Bellew has resigned amid growing anger over continued flight disruption.
- Barking dog's owner is fined after complaints
A BIRMINGHAM dog owner has been fined £200 for his bullmastiff barking continuously.
- 'Ambitious' Ash not ready to go into retirement
ASHLEY Young says head coach Steven Gerrard and the "ambition" of bringing European football back to Villa were key to him signing a new contract.
- What are NFTs and should you care?
The world of cryptocurrency can be confusing and overwhelming but it doesn't seem to be going anywhere, and you might have been hearing more and more about non-fungible tokens....
- England have 'gate expectations!
- Residents object to Irish Centre's plans to host large events
RESIDENTS in Kings Heath claim they would be 'held to ransom' if the Irish Centre is granted a licence to hold 10,000-person events....
- Police given new stop & search powers in bid to combat knife crime
WEST Midlands Police is to receive new powers to stop and search people who might be carrying knives....
- Five accused of 'revenge' murder of schoolboy, 14
A BIRMINGHAM schoolboy was stabbed to death in a revenge attack by a gang who "acted like a pack, chasing down their prey," a murder jury heard....
- Justice delayed as court has backlog of 3,000 cases
BIRMINGHAM Crown Court is facing an astonishing backlog of 3,000 cases caused by the Covid pandemic - sparking calls for the Government to act to ensure victims win swift justice....
- BIRD SPOTTING GUIDE
One of Britain's largest birds and the most commonly encountered swan. Despite its name, it is far from mute....
- LITTLE LEMON & ELDERFLOWER CAKES (Makes 6)
INGREDIENTS: 15g Trex, melted; 85g plain flour; pinch of salt; 3 large eggs; 85g caster sugar; finely grated zest of 1 lemon For the decoration: 75g Trex; 150g icing sugar; finely grated zest of 1 lemon; 2tsp elderflower cordial; 2-3 drops yellow food colouring; fresh berries and mint leaves METHOD:...
- Aston University Graduations
Ceremony 4, 10.30AM: College of Business & Social Sc iences Aston Business Sc hool Master of Sc ience in Business Analytics Diana Jimson Immanuel Jithin Remi Oluwatoyin Adeniran Tejas Ojaswi Agharkar Olayinka Ajayi Smruthi Akasam Theresa Oyindasola Amokaye Ratika Arora Emmanuel Nii Adjah Badger...
- Justin back in saddle at Birmingham
JUSTIN Sedgmen returns to Perry Barr tonight as Birmingham host Oxford....