- Publication date:
- NewsBank (47242)
- Edinburgh home completely destroyed by explosion as street taped off by police
A house in the west of Edinburgh has been completely destroyed by an explosion as emergency services rushed to the scene.
- Terrified Edinburgh residents 'thought a bomb had gone off' after house explosion
Residents on a sleepy Edinburgh street feared 'a bomb had gone off' following a house explosion which led to the tragic death of a local man.
- Passengers diverted to Edinburgh as flights suspended at busy airport due to snow
Passengers were diverted to Edinburgh Airport due to heavy snow in the west of Scotland on Saturday.
- Edinburgh café makes final plea as they announce closure just months after opening
An Edinburgh city centre cafe that opened just months ago has announced their sad closure.
- Edinburgh pensioner dies in home explosion as road closed and residents evacuated
Police have confirmed a man has died following a home explosion in Edinburgh.
- Edinburgh reveller caught with cocaine in underwear by sniffer dogs at festival
A reveller was caught with cocaine in his underwear at a three-day Scots rave after a search by a drug sniffer dog.
- Edinburgh neighbours pull together for 'family who lost everything' after explosion
Residents in Edinburgh have pulled together to raise funds for a family who "lost everything" in a home explosion.
- Mass evacuation at Edinburgh leisure park as police race to major incident
A busy Edinburgh shopping area has been locked down due to a major ongoing incident.
- Edinburgh police rush to crash on city road as damaged car left mounted on pavement
A car and a van collided on a busy Edinburgh road on Saturday morning as one of the vehicles was left mounted on the pavement missing a wheel.
- Edinburgh welcomes first Western style sushi restaurant to city centre
Edinburgh has welcomed a brand new eatery, offering up something unique.
- Fire alarm rules Scotland: What you need to know about new law
Homeowners in Scotland will need to upgrade their current fire alarm system before a new law comes into effect next year....
- 24 British Citizenship test questions to see if you'd pass it
People wishing to become British citizens must first tick some things off a list in order to gain a blue passport - the new colour of the travel document with the UK having left the European Union....
- Married Scottish teacher 'used burner phone to arrange illicit meet-ups with pupil'
A Scottish teacher faces being struck off after an alleged 18 month affair with a pupil - which saw the pair reportedly sneak off to car parks and a Travelodge....
- First Edinburgh Airport passengers will do 'whatever it takes' as they enter hotel quarantine
The first passengers to arrive at Edinburgh Airport before entering a coronavirus quarantine hotel said they will do "whatever it takes"....
- Jodi Jones: Key questions and evidence behind the conviction of Luke Mitchell
The brutal murder of Midlothian teenager Jodi Jones in 2003 and the subsequent conviction of her killer has been publicly re-examined following a controversial documentary....
- Scottish mum warns others as daughter left in agony after swallowing a battery
A mum has issued a warning to others after her daughter swallowed a battery and was taken to hospital in Edinburgh....
- Edinburgh prisoners use a drone to smuggle illegal goods into jail
Criminals are now using drones in their latest ploy to smuggle drugs and phones into Scotland's prisons....
- Edinburgh locals raise concerns as crumbling Leith landmark covered up
Leith residents have voiced concerns over the future of a historic local landmark following possible unauthorised alterations to a prominent part of its frontage....
- Level 2 restrictions Edinburgh: Covid rules residents will need to follow if the capital moves tier
Edinburgh could be set to move to level two of the Scottish coronavirus tier system tomorrow in Nicola Sturgeon's weekly review. Yesterday, Edinburgh Live reported that the directors of Public Health Scotland are believed to have advised the Scottish Government that the capital has met all of the...
- Every Hibs 'keeper of the last 20 years as Ofir Marciano departure sparks reshuffle in goal
If the Easter Road faithful were left in any doubt as to Ofir Marciano's importance to Hibernian, his double save in the win over Ross County highlighted the talent set to exit Leith this summer....