Express, The/The Express on Sunday: Web Edition Articles (London, England)
- Publication date:
- NewsBank (579624)
- Monty Don’s important poinsettia care tips to keep plant ‘looking good for months’
Sharing advice in his latest blog post, gardening expert Monty Don said: “Hundreds of thousands of poinsettias will be given as gifts this Christmas and with a little care these can be made to last, looking good for months.
- ‘I’m a wine expert and these English sparkling wines taste better than Champagne'
While Champagne was once the tipple of choice, the luxurious beverage has seemingly been replaced
- 'I made Gordon Ramsay's shepherd's pie and the mash was the best I've ever had'
I will now make mash the Gordon Ramsay way
- Haircare habit that causes ‘lasting damage’ - snaps hair strands and leads to split ends
Haircare habit that causes ‘lasting damage’ - snaps hair strands and leads to split ends
- Turn red cabbage into a sweet 'simple comfort' with Mary Berry's six-ingredient recipe
The dish, which debuted in Mary's book “Simple Comforts”, calls for a handful of simple ingredients
- Astrologer shares advice for each star sign - one should beware of 'dramatic change'
Astrologer shares advice for each star sign - one should beware of 'dramatic change'
- ‘I’m a plant expert - my weekly routine encourages thick lush growth for all houseplants’
Pruning plants regularly can promote rapid growth
- Roasted Brussels sprouts recipe tastes 'sensational' and can be prepared well in advance
Roasted Brussels sprouts recipe tastes 'sensational' and can be prepared well in advance
- Jamie Oliver's air-fryer vegetables are the perfect side dish - deliciously herby
Jamie Oliver's air-fryer vegetables are the perfect side dish - deliciously herby
- Prince Andrew will keep being invited to certain royal events - and 'that's a good thing'
Prince Andrew made headlines last week after he was spotted attending an event with King Charles and Queen Camilla and one publication claimed he appeared to have been given a "royal pardon" and claimed he is slowly being "welcomed back" into the royal fold.
- New Year Honours list IN FULL: Who has been honoured by Queen? Every single award
James Bond producer Barbara Broccoli was among the hundreds of people given honours today as the New Year Honours List is announced. The 61-year-old was made an OBE in the Queen's New Year Honours List in 2008, and has now been awarded a CBE alongside her brother Michael G Wilson. The pair aren't...
- Brexit LIVE: No deal Brexit could STILL happen as EU Parliament hasn’t approved agreement
The EU committee has will warn in a report published on Monday the threat of no deal remains”, The Guardian has reported, with the European Parliament having not yet set a date for its vote on the post-Brexit trade deal. Committee chairman Lord Kinnoull, said there were “noises” coming from...
- Brexit LIVE: Time to leave! Ireland fury as Spanish fishermen flout EU rules – fine issued
The Armaven Tres was temporarily detained by inspectors in Castletownbere, a fishing town in west Cork, and the master slapped with a fine of €9,000 . Members of the Sea-Fisheries Protection Authority , the sea fisheries regulator, said the discrepancy was noticed during a routine inspection when...
- Brexit: Leave voters on 'right side of history' as UK quietly sends Australia vaccine
In praise of the UK Government, former Brexit Party MEP Martin Daubney claimed Britain's decision to leave the EU has been vindicated following the delivery of 700,000 vaccines to Australia. While the EU threatened to block exports, the UK sent a large vaccine stockpile to Australia in order to...
- Israel LIVE: Palestine supporters blasted for placards saying 'LGBT stands with Palestine'
Thousands of pro-Palestine protesters are marching through...
- Russian prisoners trained for only 1 week thrown into Ukraine 'meat grinder'
Yevgeny Prigozhin, boss of the infamous Wagner mercenary group and nicknamed Vladimir Putin's 'chef', is said to be touring prisons to recruit soldiers. A Russian prison observer told The Daily Beast that those known as 'the Shamed' are being "thrown into battle". This includes prison rape victims, ...
- Prince Harry accused of 'making Queen's life more difficult' with legal action threat
On Saturday, legal representatives for the Duke of Sussex published a letter saying he intends to pursue legal action against the Home Office due to their refusal to allow him to pay for his own police protection. Piers Morgan has now blasted the Duke, claiming the royal is “behaving like a...
- ‘Politics is a religion’: The argument for – and against – religion in government
For more than 1,400 years, St Madoc of Ferns, an idyllic church set within the leafy Pembrokeshire village of Haroldston West, welcomed Christians through its doors to celebrate their faith. But after its congregation dwindled down to just two worshippers, it closed its doors for good this summer....
- 'Turning point' in dementia fight as donanemab slows Alzheimer's by up to 60 percent
Scientists hailed a “turning point” in the war on dementia after a trial drug slowed Alzheimer’s by up to 60 percent....
- Royal Family LIVE: Brutal backlash after Queen mocks Meghan and Harry in 'deepfake' video
The doctored video was broadcast as a parody of the Queen's annual Christmas message, with the legitimate version shown on BBC yesterday. In the fake version, however, the Queen mocks other members of the Royal Family before dancing on her desk. The light-hearted video, which was intended in part...