Express, The/The Express on Sunday: Web Edition Articles (London, England)
- Publication date:
- NewsBank (370868)
- Armathwaite Hall: Take a plunge in the Lake District for a mind-cleansing escape
The Lake District is renowned for its unparalleled beauty and mystique, and Armathwaite Hall epitomises both of these things. Located in the North of the district, the stately home is nestled among woodlands that circle the tip of Bassenthwaite Lake. Beyond being a magnificent manor, the residence may be the perfect base from which to venture into nearby waters and enjoy panoramic views of the surrounding peaks.
- Joe Biden humiliated over Iran policy as US President helping 'Tehran's nuclear advance'
Iran’s leadership is weighing up its options after efforts to revive the 2015 nuclear deal, which aimed to stop it making a nuclear bomb, reached a crucial point this week. On Monday, the EU gave Iran and the US the “final text” to rescue the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action , which was abandoned in 2018 by then President Donald Trump, who instead opted for a “maximum pressure” sanctions campaign against the Middle Eastern nation. The landmark agreement was signed by the US, Iran, Germany, France, the UK, Russia and China.
- Man Utd 'offer' Barcelona first-choice star as part of swap deal in fresh transfer talks
Manchester United are in talks with Barcelona over a second player this summer amid their ongoing pursuit of Frenkie de Jong, according to reports in Spain. Erik ten Hag is looking to sign Blaugrana defender Sergino Dest and would be willing to send current first-choice right-back Diogo Dalot the other way to seal a deal.
- Simon Jordan and Gary Neville finally agree as Man Utd hero gets Chelsea transfer backing
Simon Jordan agrees with Gary Neville that Chelsea beating Manchester United to the signing of Frenkie de Jong would be embarrassing. Chelsea are now strongly linked with De Jong, who has been United's top midfield target throughout the summer.
- Grandma loses huge 12 stone in just months with easy diet changes - 'nothing drastic!'
Wanting to be the "best Nana ever" to her grandchildren and healthy enough to take them anywhere, Alison decided to change her diet and lifestyle in order to lose weight. In just 18 months, she lost a whopping 12 stone.
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle security threats 'intercepted' during UK Jubilee visit
Omid Scobie made the claim as he discussed the Duke of Sussex's legal battle to pay for police protection for his family while in the UK. The Finding Freedom co-author insisted Harry's "fears aren’t rooted in paranoia".
- Man Utd have 'offered' Adrien Rabiot less than Donny van de Beek and Lisandro Martinez
Manchester United have reportedly offered Juventus midfielder Adrien Rabiot a yearly salary of around £6million to come to Old Trafford. The wage is believed to be lower than that of former Ajax stars Donny van de Beek and Lisandro Martinez and as such the player’s agent, his mother Veronique, is holding out for a higher fee.
- Indiana Jones 5 ‘fast and badass’ – Harrison Ford, 80, ‘best type of crazy’ shares co-star
It will have been 15 years since the last Indiana Jones movie was released when the fifth instalment hits cinemas next year. Harrison Ford, who turned 80 years old this summer is back in a blockbuster set in 1969 after the Moon Landing. Meanwhile, set photos from a year ago captured actors dressed as Nazis, suggesting a flashback or possibly even time travel is at play.
- Man Utd identify David de Gea 'replacement' as move for Premier League keeper planned
Manchester United will push to sign a new goalkeeper in the final three weeks of the summer transfer window after increasing their budget for the position. The Red Devils have intensified their search for competition for David de Gea and have identified Premier League goalkeeper Illan Meslier as a potential option.
- Nature will recover but will The Blob? asks FREDERICK FORSYTH
Thus you may be assured the rains will come, the lakes will re-fill, the rivers will flow and the grass will return to green. Nature will recover. The agencies that have failed disastrously these past two years are the human ones and I see no signs of recovery.
- Brexit LIVE: Fishermen dodging rules by landing in Denmark despite operating in UK waters
Commentator James Withers said some boats are landing in Denmark to avoid "Brexit bureaucracy". He wrote on Twitter: "If boats fish in UK waters, but land in Denmark, processors here are cut out of trade. If this becomes a new pattern, its a huge concern for processors here. "Fish landed in Denmark ...
- Brexit LIVE: 'EU calling shots' Furious Jersey fishermen protest as France punishes boats
Fishing boats blocked the entrance to St Helier Harbour on Jersey as fishermen sounded their horns and set off flares. Skippers say they have not been allowed to land their catches in France since Brexit but the French still have access to the island's waters. Jersey Fishermen's Association says...
- British expats 'in tears' as Spain to deport 500 under new rules ‘Dream over'
Spanish police and immigration officials expect to deport around 500 UK citizens within weeks with targets already earmarked to be picked up and sent home for not having the correct paperwork to remain. Authorities have previously turned a blind-eye to Brits not legally registered in Spain but...
- What is 'NFT Art' and what does 'NFT' mean? All your questions about new craze answered
Chances are, you've seen the headlines about NFTs making huge amounts of cash for digital artists, the real people behind some of the internet's biggest memes, and celebrities like Emily Ratajkowski and Eminem. But what is an NFT? Well, thankfully we've got answers to all your questions about the...
- Apple TV 4K 2021 review: Apple streams ahead, now everyone else needs to catch up
TV sales have boomed during the past 12 months. With most of the world having been in lockdown, it's not hard to see why. A record number of us have splashed out on 4K and 8K televisions and now there's a new accessory that also might be worth plugging into one of the HDMI ports to bring the...
- International Women's Day 2021 quotes: Best quotes to celebrate International Women's Day
It’s International Women’s Day on Monday and your social media feed is going to be filled with feminist quotes and messages. The day celebrates womanhood in general, but many use the day as an opportunity to share their favourite work from female writers and discuss gender inequality. Looking for a ...
- Ukraine-Russia LIVE: Putin ABANDONED by key allies as fight enters 'crucial 24 hours'
Long-term Russian allies, including China, Turkey and Hungary, have turned away from Moscow after Putin put his nuclear forces on high alert on Sunday. Citing “aggressive statements” by NATO and tough financial sanctions, Putin issued the order to increase the readiness of nuclear weapons, sending...
- Israel Palestine conflict explained: A simple timeline and map
Despite international attempts to broker a ceasefire, conflict in the region is intensifying, with civilian casualties increasing and concerns of a full-blown humanitarian crisis mounting. A senior Hamas official has said that he expects Israel and Gaza militants to reach a ceasefire "within a day...
- New car market facing 'tough year' despite sales increase - global supply issues continue
New car market facing 'tough year' despite sales increase - global supply issues...
- Former head girl accused of faking headmistress’s will to inherit £4.2m estate
Maureen Renny, former headmistress of The Barn School, left everything to Leigh Voysey, 42, in a new will allegedly composed just four months before she died at 82 in January 2020. The will included a Grade II listed, £1.65m seven-bed house in Much Hadham, Hertfordshire. Ms Voysey is now being...