Manchester Evening News: Web Edition Articles (England)
- Publication date:
- NewsBank (182598)
- Man City can show Pep Guardiola how far they've come in 10 months vs Tottenham
Pep Guardiola only launched his 'Happy Flowers' rant after Manchester City overturned a two-goal deficit to beat Tottenham 4-2 in January. If they had lost or drawn, we may never have learned his true feelings.
- 'Kobbie Mainoo is brave and elite with the ball' -The inside view from Manchester United's academy
"Every winner was once a beginner," are the words printed on the Manchester United academy building gym wall.
- How Manchester United should line up vs Newcastle in Premier League fixture
Manchester United will play a third successive away game when visiting Newcastle in the Premier League this weekend.
- 'Kim Kardashian in The Millstone on the karaoke... or Anna Wintour in Cain and Grain?'
The arrival of Chanel’s exclusive Métiers d'Art show in the Northern Quarter has prompted Mancs to show their cheeky sense of humour.
- MEN Unwind: Where would I take Gigi Hadid on a night out in Manchester?
In our newsroom this week, there's just been one name on everybody's lips: Chanel.
- 'It was f****** embarrassing' -Manchester United sparked Alan Shearer anger after beating Newcastle
For Manchester United it was job done, onto the next.
- Manchester United could do something they have never done under Erik ten Hag vs Newcastle
- 'It's the only world I know': Rap megastar Ice Cube's message on his way to Manchester
Almost 40 years ago, Ice Cube shocked the world with his words from the viewpoint of a disillusioned young man from inner city Los Angeles. His recollection of gang violence, police brutality and corrupt institutions over Dr Dre's cinematic, yet grimy production became a soundtrack to an integral sub genre of rap music.
- Met Office issues snow and ice weather warning for Greater Manchester
A weather warning has been issued for Greater Manchester today, which will stay in place until Sunday December 30.
- BBC Strictly Come Dancing fans say 'it's so sad' as they spot move seconds into quarter-finals Musicals week
Strictly Come Dancing fans said they were 'so sad' just seconds into the latest live show as they spotted an unfortunate move. It was the quarter-finals of the BBC One dance contest on Saturday night December 2 but there was drama just hours before the show was due to begin.
- The King's Birthday Honours list 2023 in full
King Charles' first Birthday Honours list has been announced....
- 58 of the most notorious criminals locked up in the UK in 2020
The year 2020 saw scores of murderers, rapists, terrorists and abusers put behind bars in courts across the UK....
- 'We found Greater Manchester Police to be institutionally racist two years ago -we stand by that today'
It’s a statement that caused trauma, anger and frustration....
- Expert lawyer explains how to make your Will watertight and ensure that your wishes are met
Many of us believe that the wishes outlined in a Will are the final word about what happens to someone's estate, but the reality can be much more complicated than that. If a family member, or someone close to the person that has died, feels as though the Will is unfair, they often contest it, and...
- Damning report reveals 'string of failures' during schoolboy Yousef Makki's murder investigation
A damning internal report has identified police failings during the murder investigation of Yousef Makki, the M.E.N understands....
- How 'Yardie' Williams set out to be the Gooch gang's 'next boss' -but dramatically grassed himself up
'Do you know who this is' So began the phone call that would seal the fate of Narada 'Yardie' Williams....
- City centre residents 'freezing or homeless' after energy bills TRIPLE -and they can't switch
City centre residents have been left 'freezing or homeless' after their energy provider hiked prices as much as 300 per cent....
- Brother of young man stabbed to death 26 years ago speaks out as his killer finally faces justice
The brother of a young man who died in a city centre knife attack 26 years ago has praised police for never giving up on the case after the killer finally faced justice....
- Didsbury Mosque responds to Manchester Arena bombing inquiry criticism
Didsbury Mosque has responded to criticism it faced at the Manchester Arena bombing public inquiry, claiming 'misleading statements' were 'still an attempt to associate' it with extremism and radicalisation. In a lengthy statement published on its website, the mosque said it was 'disingenuous' to...
- Warning over children copying abusive sexual behaviour and sick sex acts after watching pornography online
A warning has been issued over children copying sex acts and abusive sexual behaviour after viewing pornography online....