Nbr. 52-3, September 2014
- Childbearing, Women's Employment and Work‐Life Balance Policies in Contemporary Europe, edited by Livia Sz. Oláh and Ewa Fratczak. Palgrave Macmillan, Basingstoke, 2013, 240 pp., ISBN: 978 0 230 32088 8, $105.00, hardback. Work and Care under Pressure: Care Arrangements across Europe, edited by Blanche Le Bihan, Claude Martin and Trudie Knijn. Amsterdam University Press, Amsterdam, 2014, 200 pp., ISBN: 978 9 089 64542 5, $37.50, hardback. Unfinished Business: Paid Family Leave in California and the Future of US Work‐Family Policy, by Ruth Milkman and Eileen Appelbaum. ILR Press, Ithaca, NY, 2013, 168 pp., ISBN: 978 0 8014 5238 3, $69.95, hardback.
- Conference and Special Issue on Corporate Social Responsibility and Labour Standards: Bridging Private Governance, Industrial Relations and Management Perspectives
- Do Different Work Characteristics Have Different Distributional Impacts on Job Satisfaction? A Study of Slope Heterogeneity in Workers’ Well‐Being
- Does the UK Minimum Wage Reduce Employment? A Meta‐Regression Analysis
- Economic Crisis, Quality of Work, and Social Integration, edited by Duncan Gallie. Oxford University Press, Oxford, 2013, 368 pp., ISBN: 978 0 19 966472 6, £27.50, paperback.
- Employment Relations in the Shadow of Recession: Findings from the 2011 Workplace Employment Relations Study, by Brigid van Wanrooy, Helen Bewley, Alex Bryson, John Forth, Stephanie Freeth, Lucy Stokes and Stephen Wood. Palgrave Macmillan, London, 2013, 268 pp., ISBN: 978 1137275769, £24.99, paperback.
- Fallen Heroes in Global Capitalism: Workers and the Restructuring of the Polish Steel Industry, by Vera Trappmann. Palgrave, Basingstoke, 2013, 296 pp., ISBN: 978 1 137 303 646, £65.00, hardback.
- Minimum Wages and Collective Bargaining: What Types of Pay Bargaining Can Foster Positive Pay Equity Outcomes?
- People with Disabilities: Sidelined or Mainstreamed? by Lisa Schur, Douglas Kruse and Peter Blanck. Cambridge University Press, New York, 2013, 300 pp., ISBN: 978 110 7000 476, $99.00, hardback.
- Social Concertation in Times of Austerity, by Alexandre Afonso. Amsterdam University Press, Amsterdam, 2013, 258 pp., ISBN: 978 9 08964 3957, $43.95, paperback.
- The Greek Public Sector Wage Premium before the Crisis: Size, Selection and Relative Valuation of Characteristics
- The Limits on Pay as a Strategic Tool: Obstacles to Alignment in Non‐Union Environments
- The Part‐Time Job Satisfaction Puzzle: Different Types of Job Discrepancies and the Moderating Effect of Family Importance
- The Road to Social Europe: A Contemporary Approach to Political Cultures and Diversity in Europe, by Jean‐Claude Barbier. Routledge, London, 2014, 222 pp., ISBN: 978 1 13 802014 6, £24.99, paperback.
- The Transformation of Employment Relations in Europe: Institutions and Outcomes in the Age of Globalization, edited by James Arrowsmith and Valeria Pulignano. Routledge, Abingdon, 2013, 247 pp., ISBN: 978 0 415 87593 6, £80.00 hardback.
- Variable Pay, Industrial Relations and Foreign Ownership: Evidence from Germany
- Working Lives: Work in Britain Since 1945, by Arthur McIvor. Palgrave, Basingstoke, 2013, 360 pp., ISBN: 978 1 40 398766 2, £60.00, hardback.
- Workplace Flexibilities, Job Satisfaction and Union Membership in the US Workforce