Nbr. 233, June 1998
- A cold wind in August.
- Africa rings in the changes.
- Banks: to be or not to be.
- Development: PTF - shining in the gloom.
- High frequency communication.
- Island shakes off 30-year dust.
- JICA in Zambia: a little goes a long way.
- Massive funding for Guinea-Conakry roads.
- Oil: uneasy bedfellows.
- Satellite revolution on the way.
- Statistics and other lies.
- Telecommunications: private companies take on NITEL.
- The AK-47: 50 years old and still going strong.
- The birth of a new star?
- The economics of football.
- The new slavery.
- Tobacco prices hit the floor.