cosmetics industry in canada
KGaA v Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp & Ors, Court of Appeal - Patents Court, January 15, 2016,  EWHC 49 (Pat)
1. The questions that lie at the heart of these proceedings are how a coexistence agreement dating from the 1950s can operate in the age of the Internet: and if its scope of operation is limited, then how the general law applies to the activities of the parties. 2. The chemical and pharmaceutical businesses which are conducted under the Merck name
...'' in the USA and its territories and dependencies, and in Canada; and E. Merck used the word in the in the rest of the world (with ...b) ``adhesives used in industry'' (where it was said that sticky labels bearing the registered ...c) ``soaps; cosmetics, hair lotions'' (where there was clearly established genuine use ...
Littlewoods Retail Ltd & Ors v HM Revenue & Customs, Court of Appeal - Chancery Division, March 28, 2014,  EWHC 868 (Ch)
1. Over 13 days between 28 October and 13 November 2013 I heard the resumed trial of these two actions, in which the claimants (to which I will often refer collectively as ``Littlewoods'') seek to recover from the Commissioners for Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (``HMRC'' or ``the Revenue'') the compounded use value of sums of money which they p...
... by the ECJ in two subsequent cases, Naturally Yours Cosmetics Ltd v Customs and Excise Commissioners (Case 230/87),  ECR ... or services (telecommunication services to the aviation industry in SITA, unrefined linseed oil in Durwin Banks) should be ... Laskin J in a dissenting judgment in the Supreme Court of Canada in 1974, when he doubted whether the principle ``retains any ...
Millen v Karen Millen Fashions Ltd & Anor, Court of Appeal - Chancery Division, August 16, 2016,  EWHC 2104 (Ch)
1. In this introductory section of my judgment I will summarise the background and issues at a high level, in an attempt to improve readability. There is much more detail to the dispute, which I have taken into account and to which I return below. 2. The Claimant, Karen Millen, was one of the moving spirits (the other was her partner, Kevin Sta...
... business and gave evidence about whether KAREN MILLEN cosmetics and beauty products were sold by the US stores prior to the SPA. ... began in 1996/7, initially in Hong Kong, Japan and Canada (though these later faltered and the business had pulled out by ... because of all the other KAREN marks in the fashion industry. Again, I do not think it is necessary to inquire into whether ...
Maier & Anor v Asos Plc & Anor, Court of Appeal - Civil Division, April 01, 2015,  EWCA Civ 220
1. There are before the court appeals and cross appeals from three judgments of Rose J given on 19 September 2013, 16 October 2013 and 4 February 2014 concerning Community trade mark number 4580767 (``the CTM'') for the word ASSOS which is owned and used by the claimants (together ``Assos'') and United Kingdom trade mark number 2530115 (``the UK tr...
... programmes such as ``Next Top Model'' in the US, UK, Canada and Australia. Its clothes have been worn by celebrities such as ... 2011, he was awarded an OBE for services to the fashion industry.''. 12. It is, however, important to note that, as the judge ... wider ranges of non-clothing items sold by ASOS such as cosmetics, jewellery and handbags are not similar at all to Assos goods. ...
L'Oreal SA & Ors v EBay International AG & Ors, Court of Appeal - Chancery Division, May 22, 2009,  EWHC 1094 (Ch)
1. Are eBay Europe liable for trade mark infringements committed by their users? Do eBay Europe themselves commit infringements by using trade marks in relation to infringing goods? In a nutshell, those are the main questions raised by this claim. This is a test case brought by L'Oréal, one of a number they have brought in courts around Europe (inc...
...692680 for MAYBELLINE in class 3, in respect of cosmetics and non-medicated toilet preparations;. iv) UK Registration No. ...'' is stated to be ``United States'' in two cases and ``Canada'' in one case, and the items are priced in sterling. iv) A search ... Consumer Electronics plc v The British Phonographic Industry Ltd  FSR 159 Lawton LJ said at 205 and 206:. ``What were ...
African brands go head to head with global players: Rupert Kemp, valuation director, and Oliver Schmitz, managing director Brand Finance Africa, explain the methodology used to determine both the most-admired as well as the most-valuable brands in Africa.
... in the case of the battling mobile phone manufacturer from Canada, BlackBerry. . A stand-out performer beyond Samsung in the ony industry is Motorola, which has seen its brand value increase by 82%. The ... 1,705 256 3 Dangote Consumer Nigeria 216 216 1 Omo Cosmetics Britain 1,427 571 2 ARIEL Cosmetics United 1,886 75 States 3 ...
Africa the new Mecca for luxury brands: for a long time, interest in the global luxury market has been confined to Asia; after all, the region is set to account for over half of the luxury goods market in the next decade, according one estimation. But, as Africans become wealthier, leading luxury brands are starting to eye the continent. So which labels are set to be trailblazers and what are the challenges ahead? Report by Sherelle Jacobs.
.... There is also movement in the cosmetics sector. High-end makeup brand MAC, which has a reputation for ...South Africa's luxury cosmetics industry also grew impressively with retail spending having a compound ...Nigeria's cognac market is now bigger than Canada's and the country is in the top 10 largest markets for Hennessy ...
Technology Predictions - TMT Trends 2008 - Part 1
... Welcome to the 2008 edition of the DTT Global TMT Industry Group's Technology Predictions. As predicted in last year's ...Trials in the United States, Canada, and Germany have indicated that nanoparticles are capable of ...46. Safety fears over 'nano' anti-ageing cosmetics, Sunday Times, 17 July 2005. 47. Nanotech fears and the science ...
ASA Adjudications Snapshot - December 2011
... which has long been the subject of debate within the cosmetics industry, including in those cases where adverts that had been ... presence in the UK and all testing was undertaken in Canada. The ASA agreed with the complainant that the claim would be ...
- Foodstuffs and Medicines as Legal Categories in the EU and China. Functional Foods as a Borderline Case
- Traceability system of Fish products in selected countries. Legal requirements regarding fish traceability in the EU, the U.S, Iceland and Vietnam
- Countering Strategies Against Transnational Organized Crime. The danger we face multifaceted challenges and unprecedented
- The Intellectual Property Rights Protection of Service Concepts
- Privacy in an Age of Technological Celebrity. An Examination of Radio Frequency Identification(RFID)
- Protecting Intellectual Property in Thai Traditional Medicine. Intellectual Property Law and the Protection of Traditional Knowledge
- Tax Competition and Fiscal Aid in Brazil. A Comparison with State Aid Regime
- Access to Genetic Resources and Intellectual property Right Laws:. Analysis of their Synergies under Ethiopian Law
- Transition of Law and Justice in Tanzania. Review of the Contemporary Changes in Tanzanian law and justice system