criminal investigation department cid
Ghana: heads to roll at the Police Service; Stephen Gyasi Junior reports from Accra on a credibility crisis affecting the Ghana Police Service after some top officers and their associates were named in two narcotic cases.
..., named the deputy head of the Criminal Investigation Department (CID), Patrick Ampewuah, ...
Cocaine kings target Kenya: the seizure, on Kenya's tourist-paradise coastline, of the largest ever drugs haul in Africa has confirmed worries that sophisticated drug smugglers from South America have targeted this East African country as a base for their operations.
... Major General Hussein Ali said after his Criminal Investigation Department (CID) counterpart Joseph ...
- Cyber Crime. A New Horizon of Criminology
A fair cop.
... credit card unit and the financial investigation unit, which is funded by the banks and is a joint ... knowledge, but this may not be where the criminal started from," Farrow says. "That's why we need ... 1997, and now leads the economic crime department. In April 2004, the City of London Police, with ...
The ICC: out of steam, and losing credibility fast!(ICC) (International Criminal Court)
... a wind of ill omen, thanks to what now appears to be shoddy investigations by the prosecution, with a little help from some human rights activists. ... by detectives from the country's Criminal Investigations Department (CID) cyber-crime unit. The crime that Itumbi, who has a massive following ...
A disappearance in Guyana.
... Disappearances has opened an investigation into allegations of a decade-long reign of terror ... he was taken to the headquarters of the Criminal Investigations Department [CID]--the equivalent ...
Gazing into the crystal ball - what to expect from the SFO in 2020
The SFO faced a challenging 2019, with some high-profile acquittals, dropped investigations and new cases which were widely perceived as relatively underwhelming. We look back at the last 12 months, and set out what might be expected from the agency in 2020.
... high-profile acquittals, dropped investigations and new cases which were widely perceived as ... finding that they had not committed any criminal offence. The case is a striking example of ... chief of the fraud section of the Department of Justice, reinforces that possibility. Mr Kahn ...
Kenya: old vs new corruption; Nairobi is abuzz with corruption talk. Politicians, the media, donors, civil society and diplomats are baying for the blood of those accused of graft. The finance, energy and education ministers have already resigned, and more heads are expected to roll. Wanjohi Kabukuru reports.
... fears for his life due to his investigations into high-level corruption. . According to a ... of forensic laboratories for Kenya's Criminal Investigations Department (CID) and the ...
- Discretion, Disclosure and Confidentiality at the ICC. The tension between the duty to disclose and the confidentiality obligations of the ICC Prosecu
Weekly Tax Update - Monday 25 February 2013
... There is no guarantee against criminal investigation for tax related offences; HMRC's ...The department's approach during the transitional period in the ...
- Cybercrime Investigation. A Comparative Analysis of Search for and Seizure of Digital Evidence.
Volcanic ash and closure of airspace - airlines' obligations under EU Regulation 261/2004 (Part 1)
... After a year of investigation, BA agreed to pay a penalty of £121.5 million. ... with BA were also granted immunity from criminal prosecution in the UK. This was a high profile ... agreed to plea guilty before the US Department of Justice and to pay a $300m million criminal ...
Technology, Media and Telecommunications Review – UK
The establishment of the Office of Communications (Ofcom) and the entry into force of the Communications Act 2003 (Act) fundamentally altered the UK communications landscape. The Act mirrored the technological neutrality of the EU regulatory framework (i.e., that all transmission networks and the provision of services should be covered by a single regulatory framework). It also reflected the EU’s
- Oodua Peoples Congress [OPC] and Crime Control in Lagos Metropolis. Oodua Peoples Congress [OPC] and Crime Control
- Problems in the Implementation of Chinese Human Rights Obligations. The Problems of Chinese Labor
- Human Rights Law and HIV/AIDS. Prevention and Treatment in Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK)
- Private Military Companies and State Responsibility. A closer look at the threshold of responsibility
- Police Regulations 1963
- Export Processing Zones, Development and Working Conditions. The cases of China and Mexico
- The Torrens REGISTER BOOK. The Law and Practice of Registration of Title
- Foodstuffs and Medicines as Legal Categories in the EU and China. Functional Foods as a Borderline Case
- Secession and the Lessons from Kosovo. New Dimensions in the Law of Secession