Application for declaration of
marital/civil partnership status
D70 Application for declaration of marital/civil partnership status (04.14) © Crown Copyright 2014
To be completed by the court
Name of court
by the court
Notes to Applicants
• This form should be used if you wish to make an application to the court to determine your marital/
civil partnership status or the status of a couple where you have sufcient interest in the result of the
• If you do not have copies of the required certicate and/or decree/order you must contact the relevant
authorities (e.g. the register ofce for the area where the marriage/civil partnership took place or the
location of the divorce/dissolution/nullity/(judicial) separation) to obtain a copy.
• If you wish to determine your own marital/civil partnership status you are known as the Applicant and
your spouse/civil partner is known as the Respondent. If you are applying to determine the status of a
couple you have an interest in, you are known as the Applicant and the couple will both be known as
• You must serve copies of the application and the attached documents on the Attorney General at least one
month before you make your application to the court. For contact details please see
• If completing this form by hand, please use black ink and BLOCK CAPITAL LETTERS and tick the boxes
Are you a party to the
marriage civil partnership divorce dissolution ( judicial) separation nullity
this application relates to?
Part 1 About you (the Applicant)
If No, please state your name, address and interest in the application, and enter the couple’s details
over the page.
If Yes, please state your details over the page under Party 1.