The Ministerial and other Salaries Order 1993
At the Court at Buckingham Palace, the 16th day of December 1993
The Queen's Most Excellent Majesty in Council
Whereas a draft of this Order has been approved by resolution of each House of Parliament:
Now, therefore, Her Majesty, in pursuance of section 1(4) of the Ministerial and other Salaries Act 1975 ( a), is pleased, by and with the advice of Her Privy Council, to order, and it is hereby ordered, as follows:-
Citatation, commencement and revocation
1.-(1) This Order may be cited as the Ministerial and other Salaries Order 1993.
(2) This Order shall come into force on 1st January 1994.
(3) The Ministerial and other Salaries Order 1991 ( b) is hereby revoked.
Increase of Ministerial salaries
2. For the annual amount, or the maximum or minimum annual amount, of salary specified in Parts I, II, III and IV of Schedule 1 to the Ministerial and other Salaries Act 1975 ("the 1975 Act") in relation to each of the offices specified in the first column of Schedule 1 to this Order there shall be substituted the amount, or the maximum or minimum amount, of salary specified in relation to that office in the second column of that Schedule.
Increase of salaries of Opposition Leaders and Whips
3. For the annual amount of salary specified in Part I of Schedule 2 to the 1975 Act in relation to each of the positions specified in the first column of Schedule 2 to this Order there shall be substituted the amount specified in relation to that position in the second column of that Schedule.
Increase of the Speaker's salary
4. For the annual amount specified in section 1(3) of the 1975 Act as the salary of the Speaker of the House of Commons there shall be substituted £42,909.
N. H. Nicholls
Clerk of the Privy Council
(a) 1975 c.27.
Prime Minister and First Lord of the Treasury . . . . . . . 54,438
Chancellor of the Exchequer . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .)
Secretary of State. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .) 52,260
Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food . . . . . . . .)
Any of the following offices for so long as the holder is
a member of the Cabinet-
(a) Lord President of...