Respondent's notice (For all appeals except appeals to the Family Division of the High Court)

Published date21 March 2018
Subject MatterCounty Court forms
Guidance notes for completing the
respondent’s notice
A free leaet I want to appeal giving information about making an
appeal in or to the High Court or county court is available from any
county court or the Clerk of the Lists General Ofce/ Appeals Ofce
at the Royal Courts of Justice, Strand, London WC2A 2LL. The leaet
will also explain some of the terms and expressions used in these notes
of guidance.
Information is available about making an appeal to the Court of Appeal,
from the Civil Appeals Ofce Registry, Room E307, Royal Courts of
Justice, Strand, WC2A 2LL
Court staff can help you complete the respondent’s notice and
tell you about the procedure. But they cannot give legal advice,
for example, about the likely success of the appellant’s appeal,
whether you should reply to it or whether you should yourself
If you need legal advice about this appeal, you should contact a
solicitor or a law or advice centre.
If you are legally represented, your solicitor should complete
this form on your behalf.
When to le a respondent’s notice
You need to le a notice if you wish:
to appeal against the order (appealing includes asking for the order
to be varied); or
to ask the appeal court to uphold the order for different or
additional reasons. (This is not treated as an appeal by the
appeal court.)

To continue reading

Request your trial

VLEX uses login cookies to provide you with a better browsing experience. If you click on 'Accept' or continue browsing this site we consider that you accept our cookie policy. ACCEPT