Medical Profession in UK Law
DOCTORS AND DEFICITS: REGULATING THE MEDICAL PROFESSION IN FRANCE
This paper seeks to analyze the political factors involved in health care delivery in a modern industrial welfare state and to illustrate how the transformation of the French state has affected the...
- The Medical Profession and the Police
- Book Review: States, Regulation and the Medical Profession
- OCCUPATIONAL LICENSING: THE MERRISON REPORT ON THE REGULATION OF THE MEDICAL PROFESSION–A COMMENT
- OCCUPATIONAL LICENSING: THE MERRISON REPORT ON THE REGULATION OF THE MEDICAL PROFESSION—A REPLY
- Book Review: The medical profession and human rights: handbook for a changing agenda
- OCCUPATIONAL LICENSING: THE MERRISON REPORT ON THE REGULATION OF THE MEDICAL PROFESSION*
New Public Management and the Thatcher Healthcare Legacy: Enough of the Theory, What about the Implementation?
Initial evaluations of Thatcherism suggest that it represented a policy formulation success but implementation failure (Marsh and Rhodes 1992), with healthcare reforms particularly unsuccessful bec......... unsuccessful because they did not challenge the autonomy of the medical profession (Wistow 1992a and 1992b). More extensive analyses of the ......
Reforming the French health-care system: the quest for accountability
The resurgence of New Right politics in the late 1970s and 1980s (e.g. ‘Reaganomics’ and ‘Thatcherism’), which were pro-market and pro-private sector (Lorenz, 2012), has increased the reliance on t......... assesses its impact on the accountability and transparency ofthe medical profession. The French government eventually opted for a ......
Constitutional and Distributional Conflict in British Medical Politics: The Case of General Practice, 1911–1991
This paper explores the theoretical confusion in explanations of health policies. It does so by distinguishing between the politics of constitutional conflict and the politics of distributional con...
See all results