Express, The/The Express on Sunday
- Publication date:
- NewsBank (235431)
- GET ready for Christmas with [...]
GET ready for Christmas with our amazing giveaway. We've teamed up with Iceland and the Food Warehouse to give you the chance to win your entire festive food shop.
- Lessons in dark arts of politics
BUDDING politicians have visited the scene of Hogwarts to learn about the dark arts - though not the type Harry Potter would be familiar with.
- Police quiz man after fatal 'fight' at manor
A MAN was arrested on suspicion of murder after a fight in the grounds of a country estate where a Netflix Bridgerton spin-off series was filmed.
- Likely Lads star Brigit Forsyth dies at 83
ACTRESS Brigit Forsyth, who starred INWHATEVER Happened To The Likely Lads?, has died at the age of 83.
- VACANT POSSESSION: EMPTY SPACE ABOVE LONDON FLAT GOES ON MARKET FOR £10K
A PLOT of "vacant" airspace above a flat is being sold - with a guide price of £10,000.
- Dyson libel action fails
SIR James Dyson has lost his High Court libel claim against the Daily Mirror's publisher.
- Tune into baby talk
PARENTS should speak to babies in a sing-song voice to help them learn language, experts say.
- Fined driver wins on 'too small' signs
DRIVER Chris Burton won a legal fight over a £60 parking fine by proving a council's signs were too small.
- DO YOU HAVE A STORY [...]
DO YOU HAVE A STORY OR A PHOTO?
- KELLY IS KO'D FOR CHERRIES
BOURNEMOUTH V ASTON VILLA 2PM, TOM
- Songwriters are lucky, we go back and relive painful experiences...
WE STOOD with our backs to the kitchen wall at somebody's New Year's Eve party in Los Angeles. "The older you get, the quieter you become," reflected Christine McVie, clutching a crystal flute of champagne but not sipping a drop. Suddenly, she crossed the room to tip hers in the sink, then rejoined ...
- Smooth operator
ROBERT PALMER: Island Years 1974-1985???? (Edsel) Most people only know Palmer as the sharp-suited crooner surrounded by his disinterested supermodel backing band on the video for his 1985 hit single Addicted To Love, but this marvellous 9CD book should be a glorious education for many. Over the...
- Is your hangover cure making things WORSE?
Downing coffee The main cause of a hangover is the effect of ethanol - the alcohol in your drinks. It's a toxic chemical that also acts as a diuretic, which means it makes you pee more and you can become dehydrated....
- Medical Negligence & Personal Injury law firm offering free 'no win, no fee' claim assessments
IF YOU or someone you know have suffered due to medical negligence during a hospital stay, or have been injured in an accident that wasn't your fault, you could be entitled to financial compensation....
- Contesting an unfair will
THE DEATH of a close family member is always a stressful time, but things can become a lot more strained if you feel that you have been unfairly treated in their will....
- Couple win £116k after being fired for office romance
A BOSS who disapproved of office romances has been ordered to pay £116,000 compensation after sacking an executive who wed his nephew....
- British Council axed equality boss 'while on maternity leave'
AN HR and equality boss who was sacked while she was on maternity leave has won her right to sue the British Council for discrimination against new mothers....
- Sex accuser blasts duke's 'blame and shame move'
THE woman who has accused Prince Andrew of sexual assault says his legal team is attempting to shame her before the media....
- 'Wrongful conception' win
AN INTERNATIONAL showjumper with spina bifida who says she should never have been born has won the right to claim millions in damages....
- Why politics has a totally different look to a year ago
IT is fair to say the world of Scottish politics looks very different on the last day of Holyrood's 2022/23 year than it did at the start. As the MSPs head off for their two-month break (longer than the schools), many will be reflecting on a tumultuous period for the Scottish Parliament....