Airdrie & Coatbridge Advertiser
- Risotto is rice and easy to make
This is a lovely recipe which I make quite often for a relatively quick dinner.
- Jack parks himself in home town's beauty spots for snaps
Park life was on the mind of a keen Coatbridge photographer.
- Clothing swap shop reach final of awards scheme
A Lanarkshire clothing swap shop boss is thrilled after he and his team reached the final of a prestigious Scottish charity awards scheme.
- 'If I had support I might still have my son' laments mum on mission to help others
Had the mental health support group she recently founded been around when she was growing up, Alicia Wilson firmly believes that the son she, as a teenage mum, was forced to give up for adoption would be in her life today.
- Martin's not a drunk... he has Huntington's
The partner of a Coatbridge grandad battling Huntington's disease has told how the devastating condition made people think he was "constantly drunk" - and thanked a quickthinking staff member at a museum in his home town for saving his life.
- Defibrillator is a lifesaver
A defibrillator donated by Coatbridge's Kieran McDade Foundation helped to save the life of a woman who collapsed outside THETUDOR Hotel in Airdrie.
- Soldier experienced the chaos in Kabul
An Airdrie soldier has highlighted the chaotic scenes in Kabul as thousands desperately try to flee the country in the blistering Afghanistan heat.
- Dad puts up £20,000 for return of his son
A controversial Coatbridge gym owner has offered a £20,000 reward after claiming his son has been abducted and taken to Romania.
- Covid booster and flu jab plans revealed
NHS Lanarkshire has set out its plans before the start of the Covid-19 booster and flu vaccination programmes.
- Classic car show
Vintage vehicle enthusiasts can get revved up for a very special event taking place this weekend.
- Making the most of every precious day
There are many lessons that being a dad of a child with a life-limiting condition have...
- I can't control what it will do to me but I can control what I do just now ... and I still have time to do a lot of mischief
When Lanarkshire palliative care nurse Gillian McNab learned that she'd lost the 50/50 flip of a coin and Huntington's disease was to be her destiny, she and her loved ones cracked open a bottle of champagne and toasted all the reasons she had for living....
- PUBLIC NOTICES
• NORTH LANARKSHIRE COUNCIL • SUNDRY CHARITABLE TRUSTS • NORTH LANARKSHIRE COUNCIL EDUCATIONAL ENDOWMENTS • NORTH LANARKSHIRE INTEGRATION JOINT BOARD ANNUAL ACCOUNTS 2020/2021 Notice is hereby given, in terms of Section 101(1) of the Local Government (Scotland) Act 1973, and Regulation 9(1) of the...
- List of awards scooped by senior Academy students
The full list of impressive awards given to Airdrie Academy's successful senior students by immensely proud staff is as follows: CarysYoung (1st National 5 art and design, 3rd National 5 drama), Beth McPhee (2nd National 5 art and design, 1st National 5 chemistry, 2nd National 5 engineering science,...
- Chef's new restaurant looks like it has star appeal
Multi award-winning chef Graeme Cheevers isn't one to tap-dance around his great expectations of the first restaurant to bear his name....
- I pray we find a cure for this disease and can save life's great people like my dad...
Tragically, only one in four people diagnosed with pancreatic cancer survives beyond a year....
- Life in fast lane ended for Scott after shock diagnosis
With a flash car and a company credit card that was his passport to the country's most swanky hotels, Scott Johnstone had all the trappings that a successful career in sales bring....
- 'I could never be more in love with somebody than this wee boy'
Mum Donna Quinn shares a remarkable bond with the special little boy she waited for so long to love....
- COLIN'S Airfield FIELD OF DREAMS
The lush 88-acre meadow that is circled by the tops of the Pentland Hills, Tinto and Goatfell is, to Colin MacKinnon, a field of dreams....
- Hard road to a new start
During Cervical Screening Awareness Week, charity Jo's Cervical Cancer Trust highlighted the importance of cervical smear tests, which can halt cancer before it starts....