Airdrie & Coatbridge Advertiser
- Publication date:
- NewsBank (8926)
- No one should have to wait for diagnosis
Lanarkshire MSP Clare Adamson has thrown her support behind Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month - a global annual initiative that raises awareness of one of the least survivable common cancers.
- MARILENA IS PUTTING ALL HER DREAMS INTO FOCUS IN GLASGOW
The career of a talented photographer is now in sharp focus after the pandemic was the catalyst to change that made her follow her dreams.
- Pandemic inspired a change in career for a third of all Scots
More than a third of Scots have considered a career switch because of the Covid-19 pandemic, a recent survey has found.
- Jordan ready to punch in once again
Michael B Jordan is set to lace up his gloves and get behind the camera again to helm Creed IV. Producer IrwinWinkler, who has overseen both the Rocky and Creed franchises, says Jordan is in line to return as the movie enters its early development phase.
- Make space for fun cosmic adventure
The Marvels Cinemas.... The Marvels sees Captain Marvel (Brie Larson) forced to team up with Ms Marvel (Iman Vellani) and Monica Rambeau (Teyonah Parris) to save the universe after their powers become entangled.
- Sisters doing it for fans of touching tale
Little Woman All4....
- Check this hit out again and again
Edge of Tomorrow Netflix....
- PUBLIC NOTICES
TOWN & COUNTRY PLANNING (DEVELOPMENT MANAGEMENT PROCEDURE) (SCOTLAND) REGULATIONS 2013 REGULATION 20 (2) This application, with the associated plans and documents, can be inspected online using Simple Search at https://eplanning.northlanarkshire.gov.uk/online-applications/ or at the local office below. Anyone wishing to make a comment can do so online or in writing within 14 days of this notice.
ALLAN Elizabeth (Beth)
- People in work still on the rise
The number of people in work across North Lanarkshire continues to rise.
- List of awards scooped by senior Academy students
The full list of impressive awards given to Airdrie Academy's successful senior students by immensely proud staff is as follows: CarysYoung (1st National 5 art and design, 3rd National 5 drama), Beth McPhee (2nd National 5 art and design, 1st National 5 chemistry, 2nd National 5 engineering science,...
- Meet our very own castaways
If Lanarkshire charity worker Wendy Russell can't be marooned on her desert island with Take That frontman Gary Barlow at least she would have his music for company....
- Power hour The gloves are off in Fiona's fight against Parkinson's"If I didn't have Parkinson's, I probably wouldn't have tried boxing, or table tennis, or met amazing people I'm proud to call my friends
It's more than just fighting talk that comes from the lips of Lanarkshire career woman Fiona Tweedie, who was in her 50s when she had to throw in the towel on a successful career in accountancy after a diagnosis of Parkinson's disease....
- Fraser has been a great carer since he was little... he's the cool big brother always looking out for his little sister
He was only three years of age when Fraser Reilly's mum witnessed an act of kindness in him that foretold the devoted, selfless young carer he was to become....
- New kit gave me a real insight into living with MS
For mum-of-two Amy Newton, it simply wasn't enough to attempt to describe to her family what it's like to live with lifelong incurable neurological condition, multiple sclerosis (MS)....
- Recovery is one of the greatest things you can do
There is still no escaping the historical newspaper headlines that shamed Lanarkshire mum Kerryanne Clarke for the reprehensible things she did while in the grip of addiction....
- Mr T wants to feed the world ... but he's happy to start with his new friends in Lanarkshire who helped him through grief of losing his beloved mum
When Covid restrictions prevented chef Tuoyo Ayiku from travelling to London to say a final farewell to his late mum who had lost her life to dementia, it was Lanarkshire's older people who gathered him up and enriched his life, just as he has theirs....
- Layton passed away in his daddy's arms... but his suffering is over and he is at peace
A grieving young Airdrie mum, whose baby boy was born 15 weeks prematurely, has spoken of her heartache at watching him die in his father's arms at the age of seven weeks....
- Autumn put her head on my knee and I burst into tears. It was the happiest day of my life ... Guide dogs change lives, I'm proof of that
Laura Bradley was a young woman who was deeply ashamed of her sight loss....
- Graduates in the spotlight
Hundreds of great graduates from New College Lanarkshire celebrated completing their studies during three glittering ceremonies at Glasgow Royal Concert Hall....