Birmingham Mail: Web Edition Articles (England)
- Publication date:
- NewsBank (105818)
- Driver 'found to be four times over limit' after being stopped for no insurance
A driver stopped by police for driving with no insurance in Sparkhill quickly found himself in further trouble once he was questioned by officers.
- Care centre is approved after Solihull council reveals it will be for adults residents not children
An assisted living facility in Shirley that was billed as a children’s home will be for adults with learning disabilities, not children, Solihull council has said.
- Karlan Grant injury update amid West Brom's striker crisis
Karlan Grant is touch and go to be involved for West Brom at Blackburn Rovers on Sunday. The striker, who came off the bench with 20 minutes to go in Albion's EFL Cup tie with Sheffield United on Thursday night, netted the winner but was forced off soon after.
- Greggs customer charged £249 for sausage and bean melt
An urgent warning has been issued after a Greggs customer was charged £249 for a sausage and bean melt. Liam Halewood has spoken out after ordering the pastry on Just Eat.
- Furious Perry Barr shopkeeper patrolling 18hrs a day to stop 'illegal parkers' outside store
An angry Perry Barr shopkeeper says he has been forced to patrol outside his premises for 18 hours a day to stop drivers "unlawfully" parking on his forecourt. Kevin Rees revealed he has been threatened after demanding £20 fines from motorists after using 'parking posts' to block in their vehicles.
- Man rumbled filling paddling pool with public tap in park amid heatwave
A brazen Brit has been rumbled filling up a paddling pool with a public tap in the middle of a park during the heatwave. The Brit was photographed with his inflatable in St George’s Square, Pimlico, South London.
- The West Midlands area with the second highest shoplifting rate in the country
The areas of the West Midlands most likely to be targeted by shoplifters have been revealed -with one part of Walsall second highest in the country for thefts per shops. It comes as a letter signed by more than 100 retail bosses, expressing concern about rising levels of unacceptable violence, abuse, and antisocial behaviour towards frightened shop workers, has been sent to police chiefs across England and Wales, calling for more action to support them.
- Love Island star Davide excluded from WhatsApp chat as feud emerges
ITV Love Island star Davide has revealed he has been EXCLUDED from a show WhatsApp chat as allegations of a rift emerge. The Italian hunk revealed all on a radio show on Thursday.
- The beautiful Welsh beach cove only accessible via a tucked-away track
There's a cove in North Wales that's so tucked away you might not realise it's there. Family-friendly Porth Iago is only reached by scrambling over the sand dunes or by a private farm track.
- Man fed up with neighbours using garden as shortcut takes drastic action -and gets slammed
A man was fed up with neighbours using their front garden -so they erected a fence and laid down a lawn. People say the couple are just being difficult, though.
- The disgraced Midland cops shamed for gross misconduct
They are the Midland police officers who badly let down their colleagues and the general public with actions which amounted to gross misconduct....
- 21 notorious criminals jailed in August across England -including killer Birmingham mum
A killer mum from Birmingham and an ex-Gladiator were some of the notorious criminals to be locked up across the country last month....
- Where the cast of BBC's The Office are now -from Gareth Keenan to Finchy
It was the show that pushed comedy boundaries and made household names of Ricky Gervais and Martin Freeman -and cult classic The Office will celebrate its 20th anniversary in July....
- Chris Mullin could face private courtroom showdown as cops demand pub bombings material
West Midlands Police has asked a judge for its courtroom showdown with Chris Mullin to be held in private. The force are seeking a high court order under the Terrorism Act 2000 in a bid to pressure the journalist and former MP into revealing key details about the Birmingham Pub Bombings....
- Man accused of Brierley Hill double murder was told 'stand up to bullies', court told
A man accused of executing two men on a Black Country industrial estate was told to "stand up to bullies", a court heard....
- When is Commonwealth Games 2022? Start date and full schedule
Birmingham and the West Midlands will host the Commonwealth Games this summer for the very first time....
- Wolves fans in transfer uproar as Bruno Lage confirms Toti Gomes stance
Fans uproar on...
- Holy war as bridal firm faces being kicked out by Catholic church
One of the West Midland’s leading Asian bridal businesses faces being turfed out of its premises – by the Catholic church....
- Arthur Labinjo-Hughes killers enjoy ice cream without a care in the world as boy stands in hell yards away
Two killers tuck into ice cream on their sofa as they boy they are abusing endures a living hell in their hallway just yards away....
- Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games -full schedule with dates and times of every sport
This summer will see Birmingham and the West Midlands host the Commonwealth Games for the first time. Athletics, swimming, boxing and cycling will be among some of the many sports featuring at the event which is aiming to be the most inclusive and memorable Commonwealth Games to date....