- Publication date:
- NewsBank (105952)
- The usually quiet and 'exclusive' streets full of Winter Wonderland tourists at weekends
The streets of Mayfair have a reputation for a reason. The area to the east of Hyde Park is home to several five-star hotels, as well as exclusive members' clubs and fine dining restaurants.
- Bedside organiser that 'holds everything' is 'perfect Christmas gift' and under £20 in sale
A bedside organiser for all your essentials is discounted on Amazon, down to £19.98 from £40.99. The wooden stand is made from dark wood, and fits on a bedside table.
- The seriously pointless London Underground journey that's less hassle just to walk
Love it or hate it, the London Underground is one the best things about living in the city. You can just about get anywhere across London with the Tube, other than those odd South London dead spots where it's impossible to build the Tube.
- The London Underground station said to be haunted each year at Christmas by woman in red scarf'
A pretty ordinary looking Tube station has inspired a spine-tingling tale that re-emerges each year at Christmas time.
- The UK's loveliest' winter walk 2 hours from London that ends in one of the country's best pubs
We're lucky in London to have the best of both worlds -a buzzing, metropolitan sprawl that still has plenty of green space if you feel like a more relaxed day out.
- All the best Christmas ice skating rinks in London including one open until February
Christmas is fast approaching and London is officially in the festive spirit. Trees are up, lights are on and Mariah Carey is playing. But the most important part of celebrating Christmas -or at least its run-up -is the ice rinks. They pop up across London for December, letting us all live out our twirly fantasies.
- Exactly when you should put your Christmas tree up according to tradition
When exactly to put up the Christmas tree is surprisingly controversial. Some people won't go near the tree until December, while others want to get it straight after Halloween.
- Man, 84, dies after explosion at house
An 84-year-old man has died after an explosion at a house in Edinburgh, Police Scotland said. Officers were called to the Baberton area of the city at 10.25pm on Friday after "multiple reports" about the blast.
- The 6 London streets you may not have heard of named the best places to live in UK
Six London streets have been named among the best places to live in the UK. From every corner of the UK, streets have been ranked on several factors which then formed the top 50 streets to live on.
- Strictly Live Tour reveals full line-up and tickets with Bobby Brazier and Dianne Buswell confirmed
The full Strictly Come Dancing live tour line-up has been confirmed. The celebs and pros will be joining Shirley Ballas, Anton Du Beke, Craig Revel Horwood, and host Janette Manrara.
- ‘My brother’s body was found in the River Thames with weights tied to his hands -I don’t believe he killed himself’
Just two months after police officers knocked on Gary Lewis’s door to say his son was dead, he collapsed. He was killed by a blood clot in his leg that triggered a heart attack, but it was the circumstances in which his son, Damien Lewis, had been found and the events leading up to his...
- If you have one of these London surnames you could be sitting on a fortune
There are thousands of estates in London just waiting to be claimed, according to the latest government data....
- Southall's legendary anti-racism campaigner slams Government claims that institutional racism is over
One of London's most experienced anti-racism campaigners has slammed a government report claiming that institutional racism no longer exists in Britain....
- Londoners rank the top 10 places they find the 'most dangerous' but some of the reasons are odd
London is a fantastic place to live in general but like any large city it has its downsides....
- Domestic abuse survivor and daughter, 2, terrorised by 'months of racial abuse from neighbours' too scared to leave flat
A domestic abuse survivor and her toddler claim they are living in fear after months of racial abuse and harassment from their nightmare neighbours....
- Metropolitan police officer tells 'domestic abuse victim' they have ‘nowhere to take her’ in video
A community organisation has slammed the Metropolitan Police, after they claimed of ‘hostile’ and ‘sickening’ treatment by officers of an alleged domestic abuse victim....
- Archie Battersbee: Mum 'found out through press' that High Court judge's decision to end son's life would be sent in an email
The mum of a young boy who has been ruled legally brain-stem dead has said she only found out through journalists that a High Court judge's decision that doctors could withdraw life support treatment would be sent via email. Hollie Dance told MyLondon that she was not shocked by the decision, but...
- Police 'need to admit they got wrong man' for Jill Dando's murder and find her real killer says investigator
Police 'need to admit they got wrong man' for Jill Dando's murder and find her real killer, an investigator has said....
- Married Met Police officer repeatedly sent anonymous sexual messages to female colleague on burner phone from ASDA
A married Met Police officer repeatedly texted two female rookie cops and sexually assaulted another by grabbing her bottom while pretending to help her down from a roof. PC Alex Campbell, who is married to another officer with whom he has a young child, targeted two probationary officers with a...
- Crime gang trafficked vulnerable teenage girls and forced them to use false receipts to steal £500k from shops
An organised crime group who recruited and trafficked teenage girls to commit fraud has been convicted of modern slavery and fraud offences. Members of the gang were from London, Essex and Cambridge who trained the girls aged between 14 and 17 to commit refund fraud with fake receipts on the high...