The Chronicle (Newscastle upon Tyne, England)
- MGN Ltd.
- Publication date:
- COPYRIGHT MGN Ltd.
- MGN Ltd. (81447)
- Newcastle United rumours as enquiry made for Chelsea midfielder & Magpies Sesko race blow; A round-up of the latest Newcastle United rumours.
- Northumbria Police, BT and Go North East -Hundreds of jobs up for grabs at Newcastle careers fair in St James' Park; Northumbria Police, BT and Go North East are among some of the employers looking to recruit new staff at the event.
- Alex Neil praised for 'exciting' Sunderland change after dream Ellis Simms debut; EFL pundit Jobi McAnuff believes Alex Neil 'deserves credit' after Ellis Simms scored twice on his debut in the Black Cats' comeback victory against Bristol City.
- Benton dad jailed for city centre violent disorder against Black Lives Matter protestors; Norman Vose, of Benton, has become the latest person to be locked up for the shameful scenes in Newcastle city centre.
- James Maddison sends reminder as Leicester boss Rodgers reacts to Newcastle's 'big investment'; Newcastle United have signed Nick Pope, Matt Targett and Sven Botman this summer and are in the market for a forward at a time when Leicester City boss Brendan Rodgers can't do business.
- Carabao Cup second round draw details as Sunderland gear up for Sheffield Wednesday tie; Sunderland face Sheffeld Wednesday on Wednesday night, with a place in the second round up for grabs.
- Carabao Cup second round draw details as Newcastle United and 14 other clubs set to enter; Newcastle will learn their Carabao Cup second round opponents on Wednesday.
- North Tyneside schools announce cheaper or free uniform and winter coats to help with cost of living crisis; New guidance from the Department of Education requires schools to make uniforms more accessible to families as the cost of living crisis continues to spiral.
- Newcastle United star Sven Botman's honest answer when asked about his decision to leave Ajax; Newcastle United paid £34million for a player that at one stage was remarkably overlooked by Ajax.
- Full list of strikes in the UK this August and how they will impact the North East; There will be further rail strikes in the coming weeks, as well as disruption to supply chains and court cases as workers walk out.
- Full Queen's Birthday Honours list 2022: Every OBE, MBE, BEM, CBE and other award on the list; As the Jubilee approaches, the worthy individuals singled out for a Royal honour have been named.
- 'We feel their pain': Families of stabbing victim's plead for end to new knife crime epidemic; The North East was rocked by a wave of deaths a decade ago - and knife crime is again on the rise.
- Should we get free food, housing and internet access? The idea is being taken seriously; Politicians are taking a serious look at proposals to hand out free 'basic services' to everyone who needs them.
- Who were the winners and losers at the Bafta TV awards; Before the ceremony at the Royal Festival Hall, nominees were warned acceptance speeches would be cut short if they became too political and jeopardised the BBC's impartiality rules ahead of the General Election.
- Gogglebox star Scarlett Moffatt reveals what she really thought during I'm A Celebrity; In this extract from her new book Me Life Story: So Far So Good! Scarlett.
- What is NFT? How non-fungible tokens work and how you can buy them; There's no shame in still not knowing what they are.
- Killers, gun-runners and drug traffickers: Europe's most wanted female criminals unmasked; Europol has released the names and faces of the most wanted female criminals from across the continent.
- Live Theatre in Newcastle to stage Lee Hall premiere as it prepares for new cultural development; Quayside new writing theatre is a haven of activity and Thursday marks the launch of Billy Elliot author's raucous new comedy drama.
- New Year Honours list 2022 in full: Chris Whitty, Daniel Craig, Tom Daley and Joanna Lumley honoured; England's chief medical officer Prof Chris Whitty has been given a knighthood as the battle against Covid continues while a number of sporting heroes and actors also make the list.
- Charles Manson, whose cult murders horrified the world, dies; Hippie cult leader became hypnotic-eyed face of evil after orchestrating gruesome murders of pregnant actress Sharon Tate and six others in 1969.