The Chronicle (Newscastle upon Tyne, England)
- MGN Ltd.
- Publication date:
- COPYRIGHT MGN Ltd.
- MGN Ltd. (64057)
- The North in Numbers -Michael Sheen: Communities left vulnerable to misinformation by 'news gaps'; This episode takes a look at the importance of local news, featuring Hollywood actor Michael Sheen in discussion with journalists Annie Gouk, Jen Williams and Dion Jones.
- China threatens UK over Royal Navy warships in South China Sea; Defence Secretary confronts China with deployment of HMS Queen Elizabeth strike group in waters claimed by country.
- Police urgently searching for missing man last seen in Stockton; Stephen is described as a white male, 6ft tall, with tattoos on his neck and hands and the initials 'FR' on his neck.
- Scientist says herd immunity is 'close' and further Covid lockdowns won't be needed; Data shows vaccinations are helping to prevent coronavirus infections and hopes have been raised we may be through the worst of the pandemic.
- Urgent scam warning issued after fraudsters target cash machines; Scammers are using dual purpose cash machines to access withdrawals and steal money -people are now asked to be vigilant when using ATMs.
- Love Island Lillie Hayne's family urge viewers to 'be kind' after backlash over Liam kiss; South Shields girl Lillie has come under fire from Love Island viewers after getting close to Liam in Casa Amor.
- Metro services cancelled due to driver shortages; Evening services affected by Covid-19 isolations.
- ASDA adds more than 50 items to popular new supermarket aisle; The aisle, at a store in Leeds, is the first of its kind in the UK and helps customers reduce, reuse or recycle plastic packaging.
- Morrisons issues update to all shoppers who drive to its supermarkets; One of the supermarket's bosses has confirmed a huge change coming to car parks.
- UK could swelter in regular 40C summers even if global warming is limited, experts say; Prof Liz Bentley, of the Royal Meteorological Society, says 2020 was the third-warmest, fifth-wettest and eighth-sunniest year on record.
- Newcastle United recruitment under Graham Carr: Here's every transfer since 2010 - does his record stack up? Newcastle United's recruitment is in focus today - does Graham Carr's record stand up to scrutiny?
- Public Health England advice on coronavirus (Covid -19); The latest guidance from Public Health England, Public Health Agency in Northern Ireland, Public Health Wales and Health Protection Scotland.
- Copa America 2019: Read Nolberto Solano's ultimate guide to the tournament in Brazil; Former Newcastle United star Nobby Solano will be in the thick of the action for this summer's big international tournament.
- Killers at large: The horrifying North East murder cases that remain unsolved; As loved ones of these tragic victims remain tortured their killers have escaped justice for years.
- Girl's leg amputated after rollercoaster crash at Alton Towers; Leah Washington was one of four people seriously hurt last week when two carriages collided on the Smiler ride.
- Life in Blyth: Multi-million pound regeneration projects divide former coal mining town; Millions of pounds have been spent on revamping the town's quayside and market place - but not everyone is a fan.
- Do I need to let a bus pull out? 16 Highway Code rules drivers should not ignore; Recent research suggest more than three quarters of UK drivers have not revisited the Highway Code since passing their test.
- Arts project The Cultural Spring gets [pounds sterling]1m to continue its work in Sunderland and South Tyneside; The initiative designed to improve access to arts activities has seen 20,000 people take part and will now move to new council wards.
- Bank holiday heatwave: Eight ways you could break the law simply by relaxing in your garden; You may want to think twice about what you get up to in the sun this weekend.
- How thousands partied in the North East when Charles and Diana married in 1981; As Prince Harry and Meghan Markle tie the knot, recalling how the North East celebrated the marriage of Charles and Diana.